Choosing Between High And Low-Setting Engagement Rings: Here Is Everything Which You Need To Know
Everything matters equally in the construction of something unique and comfortable for adorning. Rings are one of such elements where “settings” play a crucial role in the overall structure and composition of the ring. This article is all about ” High And Low Setting Engagement Rings”.
The setting is simply the arrangement of gemstones in a structured manner which also decides the design of the whole ring once the gemstones or the diamonds are decided to be placed at an appropriate position. There are plenty of designs of the rings and one must always choose the ring which suits them and feels like a good investment, even for the later years.
What Are Low Profile Engagement Rings Settings?
The main question that strikes our mind is how do we even guess the setting of the rings as they seem very similar to each other? The easiest way to do so is by analyzing the side profile of the ring which helps in identifying the setting of the ring.
Low Setting Engagement Ring is the one where the gemstone or the diamond is placed near or closer to the band and seems more attached to it. The center stone is also well protected in the low setting engagement ring whereas it is comfortable to be worn while working as well.
This enables viewers to focus on the center stone better and highlights the structure of the diamond engagement ring in a unique way. Unlike other settings, the center stone does not steal the spotlight and instead allows an equal share of it with other side stones also (if attached, any).
Moreover, this second high depends on the person for whom the ring is being purchased as it must suit their personality and work ethic.
Pros & Cons of Low Setting Engagement Rings
- The Low setting engagement rings are more durable as well as more comfortable to wear.
- It is a good choice for the people who like to keep wearing their diamond engagement rings all the time yet have a hefty working lifestyle.
- Low chances of getting torn or snagged due to any external outbreak near or around it.
- The part where it disadvantages anyone the most is the physical appearance, as it wouldn’t allow much light to surpass through, which means low sparkling chances and less focus on the gemstone.
- A smaller gemstone must be chosen as large diamonds need more central space for themselves.
- It can look less attractive when viewed sideways due to smaller prongs attached to it, not implying any great look than just holding the gemstone in its place.
What Are High Profile Setting Engagement Rings?
The most preferred setting, if asked, would be “High Setting”. In this setting, the gemstone or the diamond is placed a little above the band and it is not in much contact with it as a separate portion or position is assigned for its placement. This totally changes the look of the ring in an explicit manner.
It simply allows the diamond to sit a little higher and it overall transforms the look which is the eternal identification of simplicity as well. To know the setting, the view from the side profile of the ring is enough to justify it. Here, the diamond is more flattered instead of other parts of the rings as it remains the center of attraction.
Pros & Cons of High Setting Engagement Rings
- The high setting allows the diamond’s brilliance to outshine better and show its illusion.
- It is easier to pair with wedding bands and choosing large diamonds becomes preferable as the setting is open to any size as per the demand.
- It tends to look more stylish and this setting works with most of the design structures without any such restrictions.
- The most annoying disadvantage of the high setting engagement rings could be their constant snagging on clothes and hair, which can not only cause damage to the ring but also to the clothes or hair.
- It is not preferable for the people who are into a very active lifestyle and have got a lot of work that needs to be done by hand.
- For some works like gardening or cleaning, one needs to remove their ring so as to assure its safety, which becomes irritating after a while.
Popular Engagement Ring Setting Types
Let’s have a look into some most popular yet common engagement ring setting types to know more about the choices we have and could be opted out of while purchasing them.
- “Prong setting” is considered to be a sort of versatile setting which is usually compatible with everyone’s choices and comfortability. It is one where the diamond is held in the center of the ring with other stones on the sides (if required or attached).
- Another setting that seems to be more vintage in look but similar to that of the Prong Setting is the “Trell Setting” where 4 prongs in the cross manner hold the diamond perfectly in the center and increment its elegance.
- “Solitaire Ring Setting” is one where a single gemstone is held with tiny, almost invisible prongs which offer maximum brilliance in comparison with other settings, it is much more comfortable and easy maintenance is also available.
- The beautiful “bezel setting” is also preferred a lot by people due to its comfortability and the safety assurance that is provided with the structure of the ring.
Does a High Setting Make a Diamond Look Bigger?
Yes, absolutely a High Setting can make a Diamond look bigger and that’s nothing about shock, it’s just the normal and natural appearance of the settings. It differs in many cases, like if the band is very thin in width then the diamond would look extra bigger over the ring than its actual size and structure.
Moreover, sometimes the metal of the band also plays a vital role in affecting the size of the diamond in the center, such as white gold and silver always enhancing the diamond’s look.
Best Engagement Ring Setting
Everyone’s best fit can’t be decided by any but only them as it is a very personal and eternal decision. It is more about comfortability with the diamond engagement ring that is adorned and specifically it must define the personality of the wearer.
If a person is clumsy and carefree, their choice should be the low setting ring but if it’s vice versa, the choices differ as well.
If shine is your way to implicate your personality then why not, choose the high setting ring, if you wish to be more simple and eccentric within you, then the low setting ring suits you the best.
The dynamics for choosing the engagement ring/ wedding band keep changing according to the preferences and comfort, whereas everyone should choose their own ring and preferred setting so as to never get lost with the attachment of the ring and you.
Additionally, the price range of the rings might differ a bit but a very vast difference couldn’t be seen. So, simply this matter doesn’t imply any such effect on the decision-making for the same.
Choosing the engagement ring is a very personal choice for any person as they need to carry it by themselves for a long time.
These criteria about the different settings must be taken under consideration for a better understanding and choice of the rings. High Setting Engagement Rings have their own benefits and losses, the same goes for the Low Setting Engagement Rings but their detailed explanation gives us a brief insight into their structure and composition as well as their durability, which allows helping in having a beneficial approach.
You can adorn your vintage as well as modern elegance with or without sparkle in it, and wander around like the shining star with your preferred setting and the structured ring.