Real Facts about Lab Grown Diamonds
The entry of man made diamonds into the diamond market reshaped the whole business. Though these lab grown diamonds have been prevalent in the whole market, there are a lot of misconceptions about them. Many people and companies are still unaware of what exactly man made diamonds are, how are they made, are they like the original or not?
To help them out we have created this list of ‘Facts about Lab Grown Diamonds’. Before discussing about it I would like you to read the Ultimate Guide about Lab Created Diamonds
- Man made diamond’s properties are in line with natural diamonds. Man made diamonds have the same physical, chemical, and optical properties as that natural diamonds.
- Man made diamonds are Eco-friendly and contribute to a cleaner and greener environment.
- Man made diamonds are formed in labs under a controlled environment. While natural diamonds are formed inside the earth’s crust and under high pressure and high temperature.
- Lab grown diamonds aren’t mined, hence they do not cause any conflicts regarding land issues of native communities, nor do they harm the environment in any way.
- As man made diamonds are made in labs, there is no limit to them. More the raw material more will be the number of man made diamonds produced.
Also Read: How Lab Created Diamonds are made?
- Lab grown diamonds and white diamonds are 20%-30% cheaper than natural diamonds or natural diamonds.
- Man made diamonds are available in many colors and qualities. The color is obtained by the amount and type of trace element, inserted inside the diamond’s crystal lattice.
- Scientists and Gemologists can duplicate the properties found in natural diamonds.
- Man made diamonds are available in different shapes, sizes, cuts, and even color.
- Man made diamonds are not fake, as they are formed from a tiny diamond seed.
- CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) diamond making method and HPHT (High Pressure High Temperature) synthetic diamond making method are used to produce lab grown diamonds.
- High-grade fancy diamonds, white diamonds, loose diamonds, and even color diamonds can be formed by CVD diamond and HPHT synthetic diamond making method.
- All man made diamonds are graded according to the same parameters as that of natural diamonds.
- It is clinically impossible to tell the difference between lab grown diamonds and natural diamonds with the naked eye. Special tools and professionals are required to differentiate between the two.
- Man made diamonds are a revolution for the diamond industry. Lab grown diamonds have many benefits over mined diamonds.
- The global demand for man made diamonds are increasing at a rapid rate, especially in countries like The United States of America, the United Kingdom, India, Israel, Russia.